Monday, January 23, 2012

Product Review - Morning Glory - Gro-Protect Solutions...

As we all know, I have been cutting my hair and growing it out for almost a year now. Finally, I've gotten bored with my hair and wearing the same few styles as it finally grows out evenly - so I decided to get a weave put in. While the back of my hair has grown enough to be braided, I decided to trim it one last time, and put it away for safe keeping. I've been watching videos on this Morning Glory product for a while - and finally decided to seek it out and give it a try...






First off, it is expensive! But, if your weaves last a long time, or if you have short hair - it goes a long way. I first coated my hair with spritz and brushed it down, blow dried it til it was hard - then applied the Gro-Protect. Blow dried it again, and voila!! My hair is hard as a rock! Hard, but flexible - unlike hair gel. It smells incredible, too. 


Before...

The purpose of Gro-Protect is to create a barrier over the hair, which allows for healthy application of glue-on weaves. Many of us ladies know the aftermath of a glued on weave. I have ripped out plenty of hair trying to remove it - which is why I avoided weaves during my grow out phase of this haircut. Now that I've discovered the wonders - bring on the hair!! My hair grows so nicely when I don't have to bother it with pulling and tugging every day. I tried a wig, but I am afraid they will fly off! 


Now - I'll put it to the test. Let's see how long it can hold up with gym sessions, wrapping, school, hats, work - the elements. This might be the best hair purchase I have made all year... 




After...

No comments:

Post a Comment