Tuesday, June 9, 2009

{|A Day In The Life|}

So, these past few months have been chock full of adventure. Not quite sure where to begin. You know I like to chronicle things with photos. So, I guess I'll start with the LF fashion show. Cousin Jin is an excellent makeup artist, but a budding photographer as well - and we had the honor of photographing the fashion show at Pangaea at the Hard Rock. This was so difficult. The DJ kept playing all these awesome songs, so we couldn't help but be distracted with dancing, not to mention the dancers that were on little podiums in the club. I would have taken pictures of them, but they seemed pretty focused on their dance moves, lol Anywhoo, the show went off without a hitch (besides being an hour behind). The girls looked awesome, the outfits were well executed, Sonia did a kickass job of putting them together. I stole the pic montage from Jin so you guys can see what was going on in there. It may not be my main section of expertise, but I enjoy fashion and the dynamics that go into it. It's always interesting to see how things work, and a fashion show is no different. The setting was awesome, because it gave everyone a chance to vibe, enjoy the music (and some drinks), and expose the people of Fort Lauderdale to the quality of clothing LF has to offer. It was upscale and classy, and I love that. Gotta throw some class in the hood mix sometimes, lol.

But then, it's back to the hood again, heheh.


I wish I had a shot of my pants and shoes I wore. I had on a pair of harem pants - I dunno if they are appropriate for people with butts, but I loved them. They were super comfortable. I foolishly wore my new Steven by Steve Madden heels, which were extremely high, but I'd like to think I looked pretty good. Had to be fashionable at a fashion show, right? All in all, it was a good night.

Last month, We also celebrated the 31st year of birth for my mother - Rema. She is so awesome, I won't even go on a tangent about how cool she is. So, we did our best to get her everything she wanted - and we dragged her to dinner, where she promptly got zooted on a restaraunt drink (which we all know is two percent alcohol, ninety-eight percent juice, lol). First dinner was simply just to get her out the house. Lou and I forced her to go to the Chinese Buffet, where she definitely had her fill ((smile))... Keep in mind, she's a special one - so don't judge her based on these pics. She's a little on the strange side - but I love her.Of course, she tried to get me to touch the creepy statue. We all know how I feel about that. Hmph.

The second dinner was at Bahama Breeze, which I must say is - effin delicious! If I could find an excuse to go there every weekend, I would. The appetizers were off the chain. That dinner was a family thing, Pops and Steve actually came along - that very rarely happens. It seems that as we get older nowadays, we get busier, and we just don't find the time to spend together like we used to. So it was nice, kinda sentimental. But I ain't gonna get all mushy on y'all.


We also celebrated my best friend - slash - wife's birthday, JazzeRonee aka My Tender Ronee... Finally hit the big 21. Those pics will not be televised, lol - but we did spend the weekend in NYC in her honor. It always feels good to be with the people you love and enjoy. I had my best friends all in the same place - and it was wonderful.















Cousin Candace also made an appearance, and we managed to leave the kids at home and hit the club - which was awesome. Any time we can get all the cousins together is a good time - we even managed to get Tanya out. It was a celebration for Sutania, too - she's a college graduate! Motivation for the rest of us who are still slummin it through the Universities...




This month is my born day, and my brother's, and my two cousins, and my aunt's - so there will be a lot of pics to go along with these events. I just have to thank God every day for blessing me with such an awesome life. Sometimes we look around, and we think about all the burdens and stresses and drama that we encounter on our daily journeys, but if we look at the big picture - nine out of ten times we'll find that life could be so much worse. So much worse.

Enjoy your day, peeps - I'll be back with Sneaker Pimps pics - after this shower. I definitely came in from my workout and started blogging. Shame on me {{spanks hand}}...

2 comments:

  1. Man, life looks good over there.

    Quick Q: Is that thing in the back of the picture with you & Rema an artifact that you make out of your hair after you finish with?


    It's Beautiful.


    It's so good to be around the people you love. That is how I feel when I am around SOME of my cousins. You just laugh, and feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, that thing was a wooden peacock carved out of one piece of wood. It would have been beautiful - if it wasn't so creepy.

    Yeah, it's always good to be around people who you love. Wish you would come hang more often. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete