Wednesday, June 10, 2009

(( $n3@k3r P!mp$ 2OO9 ))


"Coolest Kid Out, Baby - Word To Chuck English" - Drake"

Last year, I vowed that I would do more than just work in 2009. I try my best to find the things I love and do them, especially if they're cheap. I missed the Dunk Xchange because I had to work, but the stars aligned somehow, and God allowed me to get the day off for Sneaker Pimps. I must say, it was everything I fantasized about.


The aura in the building was incredible. So many types of people, such diversity - "civilians" don't seem to understand that sneakerphiles come in many colors, shapes and sizes. The displays were colorful and lively, and they included all kinds of brands and styles - unlike many sneaker shows that mainly focus on Jordans and Nikes.


There was a strong emphasis on the "No Fake" theory that I have seen violated so much in Florida. DaBottom Clothing (dabottomclothing.com) had "Stop Rockin Fakes" t-shirts for sale, which displayed a distorted Jumpman logo and came in an array of Jordan colors. I saw a couple suspect colorways, but all in all, it was a respectable crowd of JordanHeads in the building.

I can't lie, sneakers arouse me in a way that I cannot explain. They excite me in a similar way to foreign cars, but with a less dangerous twist (still dangerous for my wallet, though). There's something about finding a unique design, or an interesting shape, or a colorway you've never seen before. It evokes some sort of emotion within true sneaker lovers, a feeling of accomplishment when you buy a pair of sneakers you've been stalking, tracking down, or waiting for. It's a love I need to keep under control, but it's a lot easier to maintain when you have other people who share the same interests around. I was honored to catch a girl from FSF (Female Sneaker Fiends) trying to sneak a pic of me, cuz I was trying to sneak a pic of them. Real always recognize real. ((blush))
The music was awesome. Cool Kids opened the show, and they're a pretty mellow duo - but the crowd was live, regardless. I wonder if they realize how many fans they have - plenty of the kids in the crowd (including my brother, Steve) were goin along with the lyrics - throwing their hands up at the punch lines. I couldn't see what they had on their feet, but Chuck English definitely had a Bulls t-shirt on, which leads me to believe there were J's on the feet.

The Clipse, though - were pure energy. They played all the hits, "Wamp Wamp," "Hot Damn" - I'm sure they saved "Grindin" for the end, but circumstances and situations (and the parking meter) forced us to leave beforehand.

Part Two soon come, got lots more pics to share - gotta go to work now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment