Monday, June 8, 2009

{{Infectious Infatuation}}




||As I sit under the Dryer||


||Zune Says: Tank - Kill For You||

So, the question was asked to me yesterday,
"have you ever been stalked before?"

This being asked by a potential stalker.

People think I should be used to this, because I have been told I have inviting qualities about myself, some that I may not notice. I am in fact, not used to the fact that people want to stalk me. I don't think I ever will be.

My first stalker knows exactly who he is. I would be surprised if he read this blog, but then again - I wouldn't put it past him to find it. He used to show up at the most random times. I'd be walking to the bus stop, or to someone's house - and he'd be rolling behind me in his quiet car, and I'd be none the wiser. Sometimes, I'd turn around - and realizing he was spotted - he'd speed off nonchalantly. This would happen in broad daylight, at night, afternoon - any time. He would casually walk past as I stood in front of my building, even though I saw him peeking around the corner from across the street ten minutes before. After a while, I stopped being surprised when I'd see him looking at me at the movie theater. My heart stopped jumping when his car would cruise past me on the block at night. It didn't even surprise me when he did a hit-and-run on Louis' car. I never confirmed that, but the evidence pretty much did it for me.

The odd thing is, he's a cool person on a regular basis. When he wasn't watching me in the hallways at school, or staring at me from the back of the classroom. He'd actually speak to me when in public or in school. It was kind of like he had a secret life when the sun went down. I still haven't asked him why he used to follow me. I honestly don't think I want to know.

This other person, though - doesn't know me at all. He has seen me a few times. I won't say where, cuz then his identity will be obvious. I've danced with him once at a party - and that's it. He aquired my phone number somehow, and decided he wanted to call me yesterday. I answered, and had the oddest conversation known to man. I think I may chronicle these conversations, should they ever happen again - because he does creep me out, and he exhibits the qualities of a stalker. He knows where I live, where I hang out, my family. What he doesn't know is that I'm stronger and smarter than he may truly understand. If he decides to get crazy, I will, too.

I just don't understand the concept of stalking. You follow someone who has shown no interest in you, or doesn't even know you exist. You try to become a part of their life from a distance, regardless of whether they want you in their world or not. I don't think my life is really that interesting, well - maybe a little - but not enough to follow around. But, we'll see how this goes. I've saved his texts and he's in my call log. This will not spin out of control.

2 comments:

  1. awesome - now i know who this is. let me apoligize for everyone with that last name for obvious reasons...im so sorry, lol.

    on the bright side, atleast u have witnesses! i shouldn't be laughing at this but this is comedy at its finest

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO - just in case I turn up missing. I had to let someone know. Especially since homeboy knows the position of my room? Eh?

    ReplyDelete