Sunday, July 25, 2010

Georgie Porgy - Pudding Pie...

Kiss the girls and make them...


This past week was a whirlwind of emotions for me. I have started to realize that as a Cancer sign, it's supposed to be in my nature to be this way. I used to feel like we behave this way subconsciously, but even in retrospect - I have always been this type of person. Back in the day, I knew nothing about my sign. I always used to hear people talk about Cancers, how they're nurturing and all that, but I wasn't one to pay attention to those kids of things. Nowadays, as an adult, I find these prophecies to be true - and I really don't think I can fight them. 


I spent half of this week battling the decision to give up on this romantic hurricane that I'm in the middle of. Part of me felt like there were too many risks associated with the relationship. I let people get into my head, jaded individuals with their self-spurned motives. The paranoia set in after the negative feedback drilled it an entryway. I facilitated this monster for too long; it grew into a beast that was slowly making way to my heart. Should I have continued to let it take over? 


What would make me any different than the rest of the scorned women on this earth? Most of them have never even been hurt. They just run on the fumes of others, those who have been wounded in the war of love, and pass their purple heart around to civilians. Just because you've touched a medal - doesn't mean you were in the battle.  What makes bitter men and women? Perpetuation of stereotype beliefs: "all b*tches are hoes," "n*ggas ain't sh*t," "all men cheat," etcetera. I refuse to continue that. What happened in my previous relationship foreshadows NOTHING that will and can happen in my future or current relationship. Why should I slam the baggage from the last flight onto the next plane - and pay the overweight? I think not. I'm flying with carry-ons on this trip; all I'm packing is love, understanding, and the desire for happiness. If I get hurt along the way, there's plenty of opportunities to leave. Those emergency exits aren't just there for show. 


From here on out, I take the wheel to this love thing. You drive, I steer. If the gas runs out, we can either push it to our destination, or leave it on the side of the road. But I'm leaving that to fate - not the backseat drivers who swear they know how to give directions. Is that wrong? Or are those the ways of a good driver? Let's find out. 


All aboard!


Wait - this is a two-seater. Sorry... 



No comments:

Post a Comment