Wednesday, July 21, 2010

||Natural Product Review:|| - Ebene Products

I'm going to try my shot at product reviews. I love food, and I love trying new things - especially because in my line of work right now, I'm constantly receiving samples of new up and coming lines. Going natural has prompted me to also change the products I use, and I've been doing my best to steer towards the less artificial stuff. 


I have been using the natural hair care line known as Kinky Curly for about a year now, and I've put a lot of people on to it. The pitfall of the products, though - is the steep price! So now, I'm on a constant search for the less expensive alternatives. I was introduced to the owner of Ebene at work - and she is gorgeous! 





Her name is Fayola Nicaisse-Hehtorn, and I fell in love with her as soon as we exchanged handshakes. Her journey began while looking for natural products for textured hair. The story is that she asked the salesman for a product geared towards her - and he came back with a shampoo for dark hair. That comical event propelled her to start her own line, which has been climbing successfully up the business ladder for the past few years. This beauty was born in Port Au Prince, Haiti - and donates to charities that support her country in its time of need. Please check her out here.








I was blessed to receive a gift basket of items from the line - and I've been testing them out over the course of these past few weeks. There's a few items not noted in the picture as well, including the coconut milk moisturizer and a great smelling scalp conditioner. The Natural Styling Balm and Shea Butter Curl Defining Creme fit perfectly in my travel bag - so I've been able to put them to the test while I've been on vacation. I must say - they've been doing really well. 


We've been going to the beach a lot - and the salt water does a number to my hair, especially because it's dyed. After I shampoo and condition, I rub in the leave-in conditioner, followed by the curl-defining creme. While damp, I rub the styling balm on my edges/temple, and brush my hair down. 


My hair's pretty unruly and resistant,and it sucks up moisture like you wouldn't believe. The conditioner and curl defining creme work like a dream, but the styling balm isn't quite strong enough for me. Needless to say, I'm giving my hair a few weeks to grow accustomed to the products, so let's see what happens as the days progress. 






I love it so far, and the styling balm smells incredible! 
As most natural styling products go, the price is a little more than 
conventional products - but that's to accommodate the high quality ingredients.
I think if more people supported these brands, the price points would lower substantially. 

Hope you guys enjoyed my first review, I know there's a lot of natural and curly girls out there suffering the same problems I am - glad I could share!


2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great Kim! OMG, I have to try something to get it like that! :-)
    Is that product only available down in Florida or can I get it up here in NY too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can order it off her website ((www.ebenenaturals.com)) or Whole Foods carries her line as well. It's working really well for my hair, helps it keep moisture and shine, too. Working on keeping my curl pattern, though...

    ReplyDelete