Sunday, July 11, 2010

Living In - Fear {{Pt. 2}}

Back to where we left off. Stalker guy. 


I feel like my kindness makes me inviting. People want to talk to me, and I like that. I love interacting with and meeting people. Especially at work - it's one of the few things that make my job enjoyable. Chances are, I've smiled at this man or said hello. Does that warrant him following me? Absolutely not. 


I can't figure out what part of someone's brain would tell them that following someone sounds like a good idea. What part of staring at someone without ceasing would make them think that the person would enjoy that. I'm going to assume he's mentally unstable. 


It just makes me understand why some people aren't so friendly. Probably worried that things like this will happen. Does this mean we should all be paranoid and apprehensive when it comes to socializing with strangers? I've never been afraid of a human being - and I won't start now. If he decides to take things to another level - which he obviously has - I'm ready to do the same. I can't tolerate anyone jeprodizing my well being or safety. I'm not with that. 


I will say this, though - ladies - protect yourselves. Be aware of your surroundings. Don't let someone have more control over your fate than you do. Always watch your back when going places late at night. Never disclose too much information to anyone you've just met. Even telling them where you work might be too much - for reasons like this. Don't live in fear, but live aware. Strange people exist - and they happen to nice girls like us every day. Be warned. 

2 comments:

  1. just as u mentioned, I don't act too friendly to strangers because I've had instances where they attached themselves to me and made me really uncomfortable. I don't mind acting like that tho because i find that guys don't try anything funny with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard being a female nowadays - we never know who to trust. I realize that there's nothing wrong with being friendly, but we've got to be aware of our surroundings and know when someone's not worthy of our space.

    ReplyDelete