Sunday, July 11, 2010

Living In - Fear?





So - I dunno if I've mentioned my recent "stalker" at work. Probably because he was irrelevant before. Usually, he'd come in and watch me from afar. The worst I've gotten is him standing and watching me eat one day as I sat outside on my break. It was irritating, but I'm not one to be rattled - so I let him rock. Today, though - made me realize that I've been taking the situation way too lightly. 

Tonight - he walked in. Slow, usual pace - weird stroll. Looking oddly around the store - like he was seeking something. He spots me, of course. Walks past me and mumbles something under his breath. I'll assume it was Kreyol. I ignored him like I usually do and went on with trying to close up the store, pulling cashiers - getting rid of customers. Fifteen minutes to close, and he's still in the store. I've never seen him there that late. So, I made a point to tell a co-worker and my boss about him. Just in case he was trying something. 


It was so creepy. Each time I tried to show them who he was - he'd walk away, and they wouldn't get to see him. Before he'd go, though - he would point at me and then walk away. Surreal, I know. Finally, I got Allen to sneak around a corner and peek at him. Got my boss to catch a glimpse as he paid for his stuff somewhere and walked out. I refused to look his way as he left. I won't give his weird ass the pleasure of making eye contact. 


There's something strange about stalkers. It's like, they create a connection with you that doesn't exist. Out of thin air. "Oh, the way she looked at me," or "Our spirits are meant to be together." Something like that - classic stuff they say. I've only had two conversations with this man. One was when he tried to speak Kreyol to me. I told him I didn't and that I wasn't Haitian. He asked if my boyfriend was Haitian - I told him no. He said he felt bad for me. 
{{GTFOH}}
Anyway- the second conversation was when he stood in the shadows and watched me eat. I looked up after ignoring him for five minutes - and asked if he needed something. He said something in Kreyol - and slowly walked off. I guess that counts as a convo. Whatever. 


That being said - store manager watches him leave and tells me what kind of car he drives. Early model Toyota Land Cruiser. I feel better, because she saw him drive off. We finish our closing duties and I get ready to let everyone out the store. Store manager comes back to tell me that she thinks she saw him circling the parking lot. That's when I kicked into defensive mode. Lucky for me, I walked out with Allen and we got to our cars together. Thank God for good people. 


I'll continue this in a bit... 

1 comment:

  1. So this guy doesnt speak english? and thats some ol M Knight Shamalan shit? I admire ur bravery i wouldve been snapped and maced his ass. watch ur back sis that nigga might be on the AMW list

    ReplyDelete