Thursday, July 2, 2009

||The Biggest Booty in Brazil...||

Growing up in the 90's, I found that Hip Hop culture emphasized the more voluptuous woman. In our society, it has been less popular to be thin - well, let me re-phrase that. It has been less popular to lack curves. You can definitely be slim and shapely. I definitely appreciate that - in every aspect of the word - because it takes the pressure off trying to lose weight, and trying to be skinny and whatnot. It is definitely the opposite to the European standard of thin. You are considered obese or fat if your butt protrudes further than your back. Thank God I don't have to worry about such a discrimination. I'll take the fat title, lol.

Brazil has been well known in the Latin and Afro cultures as the country of curves. Their women are glamorized for their bodacious bodies and small waists. Breasts are an added bonus - but not a necessity. This country is the queen of surgical (and non surgical) procedures to enhance the body in so many ways. One of which is becoming extremely popular - the butt implant.

I
bring you - the Watermelon Woman - supposedly one of the biggest butts in Brazil - but I doubt it. Her shape is beautiful, though. She is athletically built, like myself, but still has a feminine silhouette. That's hard to attain and maintain - as you will see.











The downside to this ever-rising trend of being "bootylicious" is that it still leaves many girls feeling self-conscious. The thinner girls are often left feeling inadequate, because they lack the butt or the breasts that these women have. Many are brought to the extremes like Angel Lola Love - who admits to being
90% artificial and enhanced.
Thousands of dollars are spent in the gyms, under the knife, on unconventional treatments such as the ever-popular "Fowl Pill" glamorized in Jamaica. Women damage their bodies to attain this outer "beauty," all the while forgetting what counts. These women fail to remember that once the skin sags, once the stretch marks become more pronounced, once the money runs out for injections - the fame and popularity they worked so hard to get - will be snatched from them and passed to the next hottie.

The Watermelon Woman boasts a 121cm bottom - which translates to 47 inches, five more inches than myself. I'm not too sure I'd like to experience a 47 inch booty. It's hard enough for me to find designer jeans and short skirts that fit, because the "average" woman is wearing a size 26 (jean size). Don't get me wrong, I am extremely proud of my body. We have been through a lot of changes together. I exercise and stay in shape for my health, as well as my appearance. These girls nowadays are not in it for longevity - they want the pics that get posted on gossip sites, they want bodies that men lust after - shapes that other women envy. They don't understand that we all get old. You think Halle Berry's out there tryna get a donk? Nah. What's Pinky and Buffie the Body gonna look like in another decade? You still gonna think they're sexy when they look like Mamma Clump? I doubt it.



Appreciate what you have. Work to attain what you want - naturally. Don't kill yourself to look like the next chick - cuz chances are - she's tryna look like you.

3 comments:

  1. the watermelon woman's booty isn't big at all. Just wide. I can't stand too much width, without any depth.

    It's all about the density. That's why diamonds are so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the more you hate on me, the more my ass grows"
    ...man, you can't write stuff like that!

    funny enough, that song that she made famous or whatever, is a song that we dance to in my aerobics class. now im going to think of this watermelon woman character everytime we do that routine lmao - great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We (Mom and I) were discussing the same thing - her butt and her thighs are almost the same size - I think it's her waist that makes everything look nice. I just admire her for the lengths she goes through to look that way - and for how she fit into that catsuit, lol

    ReplyDelete