Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dr. Manhattan

{{Zune Says - Kanye West & T-Pain - Flight School}}
"Let me get my theme music - dunnu dunnu du duuuuu dunnu dundunduuuuu"
So - I have been doing my best to read the entire Watchmen Comic by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. Between work and life, though - it has proven difficult. That being said - I took today as an "Escape Day" and went to the beach for a few hours, alone. I took the book with me - and managed to cover a lot of space. It's not an easy read, I'll admit - but it is definitely a good one - if you're a comic head.

I got home, and with all this extra time to kill - I decided to pull out my blank Munny and make something. I'll leave out the fact that I keep procrastinating my bedroom remodel - but that's neither here nor there. When I took the Munny out - I realized he was blue - and instantly I knew who was being made.

Dr. Manhattan is a troubled character in the novel. He is conflicted with the fact that he is barely human anymore, and has seemed to lose his sense of emotion and sensitivity. A freak accident separated his body into atomic particles, and he reassembled himself into his best representation of the human form - which came without clothes (perfect!). Despite the fact that his "male anatomy" is less than ideal {{snicker}} - he manages to assimilate (somewhat) back into human culture. Minus the fact that he can move things without touching them, and change the chemical composition of things. But that's for another talk, kids.

Anyway - before I can go any further - I must show you what Dr. Manhattan actually looks like.



It's funny, because in the blogs about the movie, people refer to his member as a "huge dong" and whatnot - am I missing something? The main reason why I'm talking about it so much, is because it is an integral part of making the Munny. Without the penis - it's simply - well, a blank Munny.

Here's my checklist:


My next concern is how steady my hand is. I've gotta draw the circle symbol freehand on a vinyl head, so I've gotta practice beforehand.

||Tangent: I can't stop lauging at the fact that I have to mold a clay penis and testicles. This is gonna have to dry in my room, lol||



I'm debating a papier mache penis - or clay, or vinyl - the possibilities are endless. Latex would be ideal - but borderline erotic - and we're not going for that now, are we??

I'll post more pics as I start to work on the project. It's raining (and I'm broke), so no new art supplies til tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This is classic lol Wow you really went out your wayon this one good job i love it

    ReplyDelete