Thursday, September 1, 2011

Currently Bumpin' - Jhene Aiko

I don't know if you guys were into the B2K craze back in the day - but I was. I loooooved Lil Fizz. I have all their CD's in my storage still, I think my future daughters will enjoy it. Anyway, he had a cousin named Jhene who would be featured on their songs every once in a while. One year, B2K released a special edition CD with Jhene's solo joints as bonus tracks. I loved her voice! It was so high-pitched, yet so soulful.






 Couldn't find her last name (never thought to read the CD credits), but I managed to find a couple of her Christmas songs and some singles she made. Couldn't stop listening to her. But I never found any more of her music. One day while I was driving, I heard her songbird tone coming through my system on Kendrick Lamar's "Growing Apart" track. 


I have been enamored ever since. 


Her new album "Sailing Souls" is a beautiful combination of R&B, Pop and folk elements, paired with her smooth and cooling voice over each track. Not to mention she's on features with Kendrick Lamar and Miguel already this year. There is so much more to come from this young lady - and I can't wait to hear it. Music is in my veins, you know... 


"Stranger" 



Kendrick Lamar feat. Jhene Aiko - "Growing Apart ((video))" 







"I think we're getting closer..." 




No comments:

Post a Comment