Monday, September 19, 2011

Puerto Rico 2011 Day One...

Despite the fact that I've taken numerous trips this summer, it felt awesome to leave the country finally. As my last major trip of the season - I had to soak up all the sights. Old San Juan did not disappoint...


The Taxi Ride...
Old San Juan 





I have a strange obsession for taking pictures with doors and the sun. I just feel like they give us the option to go anywhere we desire. Sky's the limit...


Old San Juan is so low tech, it's amazing. While they have major US stores like Marshalls and Rainbow - the town keeps everything vintage and old-world. It is beautiful.  
Pernil Asado con Tostones...


Mofongo con Langosta

We, of course made sure we found a local spot to eat, for our Latin favorites...

Mami...
Ironically, OSJ has quite a few American fast  food spots. You know we walked right past those. 


Overcoming My FEAR.



Put God First...



Mami Y Yo... 


Mom and I watched this fraidy cat dog get into it with this kitty. The cat wouldn't back down, so the dog's owner called him to retreat. We called it "The Puerto Rican Standoff." 




No more locked doors...



My best shot of el sol.

Day one was definitely memorable... 

2 comments:

  1. I was in love with Mofongo when I got back home and alas i couldn't find it anywhere!!! LOL

    Found you on Jins blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Mofongo has always been one of my favorite meals - the lobster made it perfect!

    Welcome to the blog, hun!

    ReplyDelete